Kathy Freston has parlayed being vegan into a mega-empire. It's impressive and rare regarding veganism! I have yet to see anyone else be as successful as she has been via turning healthy conscious plant based eating into a multi-faceted business. She has branded herself beautifully so, hats off to you Kathy!
I relate to Kathy as a person & her stance on plant based eating for several reasons:
- She was once a carnivore like myself.
- Kathy's transition into veganism was gradual as she believes in 'progress not perfection'.
- I relate to the fact that Kathy's significant other is NOT a vegan. They have a rock solid relationship and both of their views are respected by one another. My significant other is not vegan either and yet, we respect/love one another completely (read 'Your Vegan. He's Not' on my website).
- We have a similar body types so, when she discusses weight loss and the physical benefits of a plant based diet, I tend to want to follow her lead. When you see someone that is relatable, you think 'I can do that too & I can look exactly like that'.
- She has a casual yet highly educated communication style that draws you in and leaves you absorbing facts that change your viewpoint.
Please go to Kathy's website to learn more: www.kathyfreston.com. You won't be disappointed! I just watched one of her video interviews this morning and learned something new about the harmful effects of dairy! I am always open to learning and working on healing my body.
As stated in Kathy's website:
Kathy Freston is a New York Times best-selling author with a concentration on healthy living and conscious eating. Her books include Veganist: Lose Weight, Get Healthy, Change the World, Quantum Wellness: A Practical and Spiritual Guide to Health and Happiness, The Quantum Wellness Cleanse: The 21 Day Essential Guide to Healing Your Body, Mind, and Spirit, The One: Discovering the Secrets of Soul Mate
Love and Expect a Miracle: 7 Spiritual Steps to Finding the Right Relationship. Her newest book is, THE LEAN: A Revolutionary (and Simple!) 30-Day Plan for Healthy, Lasting Weight Loss (Weinstein Books). Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Dean Ornish penned the introductions for two of her books and her work has garnered accolades from such respected names as Dr. Andrew Weil, Dr. Neal Barnard, Marianne Williamson
and Dr. Deepak Chopra.
Freston has appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show, Ellen, The Dr. O Show, The View, Good Morning America, Charlie Rose, The Martha Stewart Show, and Extra, and also on OWN. Her work has been featured notably in Vanity Fair, Harper’s Bazaar, Self, W, and Fitness. She is a regular contributor to theHuffington Post.Freston promotes a body/mind/spirit approach to health and happiness that includes a concentration on healthy diet, emotional introspection, spiritual practice, and loving relationships, among other tenets. Her work is focused on providing guidance for conscious and healthy living in our increasingly busy world. Freston continually cites the proven value of “leaning into” change and the benefits of “progress, not perfection.”
In O Magazine, Oprah Winfrey wrote, “Kathy Freston struck a nerve for me by speaking of a higher level of awareness, what she calls “spiritual integrity”… Kathy cautions that the way to full consciousness isn’t to give up every poor choice at once. She says, Lean into it. Don’t try to break a lifetime of bad habits overnight. I’m leaning.”
On her show, Ellen Degeneres said, “I can’t tell you how much [Quantum Wellness] has changed my life for the better.”
And Dr. Dean Ornish says, “Kathy Freston has years of experience inspiring people to make intensive changes in diet and lifestyle that helped transform their lives for the better. Kathy’s approach is multidimensional and multifactorial, a powerful blend of what works and why.”
Like Kathy on Facebook: Facebook.com/kathyfreston.veganist
Follow Kathy on Twitter: Twitter.com/kathyfreston
Follow Kathy on Pinterest: Pinterest.com/kathyfreston/